Grease Pencil was designed to modernize all types and sizes of restaurants. Many establishments still have the old grease board, with the wait/table list being input and wiped off throughout each service. The problem with this method is efficiency. The lack of efficiency can cost a restaurant not only in sales that day, but the loss of future sales by unhappy customers. Grease Pencil was designed to expand productivity by simplifying the following:
- Keeping track of open, seated, bused / busing, and closed tables.
- Showing time stamps of how long tables have been in their current state.
- Keeping track of servers’ assigned areas.
- Built-in wait list that sorts by time in & party size.
- Optional waitlist and field notes for special customer situations, such as birthdays, anniversaries, etc.
How does Grease Pencil work?
Tx3Tech will meet with you and customize a software package for your restaurant or restaurants. We will design the software to show the actual floor/table layout of the facility. WiFi is then used for the tablets at the host station, the floor manager, or anybody else who has input to the seating and flow of the restaurant.
When the walking manager selects “open-table” on his/her iPad, it automatically changes that table at the host desk, so new customers can be seated. This works for all aspects of the tables (closed, bused, open, closed, etc.). There is “Table Time Threshold”, which can be set in 10-minute increments up to 180 minutes, not to mention a server scheduling module that can be implemented.
For a detailed demonstration and pricing, please contact us with your information as each software package is custom designed for your layout & operation.